Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Pattern: Milky Way Scarf

I'm pleased to announce my latest (second!) design: The Milky Way Scarf.
Milkyway scarf

The scarf is knit from 400-450 yards of fingering weight yarn - I used a sock yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Midnight Derby. The lace pattern is quite simple, but creates an elegant effect. The undulating edging and random yarn overs evoke the night sky. The pattern is charted.

Milkyway scarf

The pattern is available for free (FREE!) download at my Ravelry pattern store, or at the Dancing Ewe Yarns website.

This is the secret design I've been talking about the past couple of months. I submitted it to the Dancing Ewe's scarf from sock yarn design contest and am completely thrilled that the pattern took first place in its category of Opera Scarf. A big thanks to the Dancing Ewe and the illustrious judges for the incentive to design my first lace piece.

2 comments:

Corrina said...

Congratulations! It really is lovely!

Kathy said...

The pattern of your scarf and the knitting was beautiful. Truly a winner!