Monday, January 16, 2012

A little bit of knitting

I've had the book Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi for a while now. A couple weeks ago, I asked my husband to pick out something for me to knit. So he picked the tiny Easter bunny, and asked that it be an albino rabbit. Okay. I can do that.
Teeny tiny

Except that an albino rabbit would have a pink nose... We both think that this tiny rabbit might be the tiniest bit evil and, you know, plotting our demise. Luckily the cat seems to keep the rabbit at bay. Even his tiny fluffy tail.
Teeny tiny

For myself, I knit a tiny gnome. Love those gnomes. I knit this little guy up in a couple hours of watching this and that on Hulu one morning. Both he and the rabbit are knit out of scraps of sock yarn that I had in the stash.
Teeny tiny

The gnome mostly lives on the bookshelf. The rest of the world is dangerous. It's quite easy to fall into a box of yarn and lace and never be heard from again.
Teeny tiny

Or to be suddenly snatched and eaten by a creature many times your size with claws and sharp pointy teeth.
Teeny tiny

Best to stay in the bookshelf, safe and sound, navigating the great crevasses and chasms of science fiction with a friend.
Teeny tiny

No comments: