Thursday, July 29, 2010

FO: Ishbel.2

I finished my first Ishbel scarf at the end of March. Then I finished up spinning some merino/silk I had been working on. I ended up with about 350 yards of more or less lace-fingering weight yarn, with some areas so thin as to be threadlike and a couple of noticeably thicker slubs. It was enough for a project. And, while I usually don't like to knit the same pattern twice, Ishbel seemed just right. So I started knitting it. Then I stopped for a long time. But now it is finished.
Ishbel 2.0

The fiber spun up into a lovely mostly-blue-but-with-shades-of-greens-and-purples that I feel is quite nice. Because of the thinness of certain areas, I did not block as aggressively as I am wont to for fear of breakage. It seems to have come out intact.
Ishbel 2.0

I feel especially proud of this because I did take it from fiber to finished. It's my first project from my own handspun. Yay!
Ishbel 2.0

2 comments:

Veronica said...

That is pretty awesome, spinning and knitting and all. Yay!

One day I will progress past being a baby spinner!

Lynn Bethke said...

Thank you. I'm certainly no expert spinner! But practice makes... if not perfect, then improvement.