Sunday, October 5, 2008

Anti-socktober

You know, I bet a lot of people are embracing knitted footwear this month, being October (Socktober) and all. But I've realized that, for the first time in quite a long while, I have no socks on the needles. I love socks. Love 'em. But I'm all stocked up (socked up?) at the moment.

I am starting projects left and right, although not sock projects. I've cast on for a Gathered Scarf in SWTC Pure which I got for a song at my LYS's fall sale. Less than a song, probably, more like just a verse or two each. This is my first time working with soysilk and, while I am a lover of animal fibers, I also love anything that approximates silk. So I am enjoying this fiber. I will be interested in seeing how it blocks out.
Scarf

Scarf

This project creates the gathering by increasing and decreasing, but also by switching needle sizes. I am finding my Denise's indispensable for this project. But I have a bit of money burning a hole in my pocket and I am seriously considering investing in a set of Knitpicks Options interchangeables. I really like the two pairs of Classic circs I have now, and it looks like this set will have me lots of money on Addi Lace needles, which are my second favorite needles at the moment. But I am holding off at the moment, still a little unsure about dropping that kind of money when, let's face it, I have many serviceable needles at my disposal. Thoughts?

No comments: