Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Clean cup!

I've decided to make a fresh start of it here at blogger. I used to knitblog at livejournal, but then I went to grad school and kind of stopped. But now I've graduated, gotten a job, and gotten hitched to my high school sweetheart (aww...), so I'm out of major projects. So a-blogging I shall go!

Although I haven't done much in the way of knitblogging for the last couple of years, I have been knitting. Boy howdy have I been knitting. And I've been Raveling. You know, on Ravelry. I love Ravelry, I love it so much. But I can't go on in detail the way I sometimes like to. So a-blogging I shall go!

First things first. Finished object.

Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery. Made with Malabrigo Silky Merino in Matisse blue. Love this yarn. Love it backwards and forwards. I used 2 hanks, in their entirety.

My mother in law gave me blocking wires for my birthday. Yay blocking wires! Blocking this was their first time out of the tube.
lace ribbon scarf

Now, I don't have a full extension photo because the lighting in my apartment is crummy. But we'll just have to make do with photos in front of my bookcase.

Like this one!
lace ribbon scarf

And this one!
lace ribbon scarf

And with the macro setting on!
lace ribbon scarf

There we are then. Not bad for a first post.

2 comments:

Corrina said...

Beautiful!

Veronica said...

Yay, I'm glad to see you on a new blog. Best of luck keeping up with it - I've had a rotten time with mine lately.

And the scarf looks lovely. I made one and promptly gave it away... and now I want another one!