Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The soothing power of lace

2006Oct7 -sera 006*
Sometimes, when I get really stressed, I just like to look at photos of knitting. And when I want to double that soothing power, I look at photos of lace. I can browse recent projects in Ravelry's Lace Knitter's group or I can search for lace on flickr. There's just something I love about the floaty, almost ethereal quality of lace. It calms me down and inspires me. Sure, it's time that I'm not knitting lace, but it's an okay trade-off. Maybe it's because you can't knit lace angry? Or being very distracted at all? Maybe it's just because it's pretty. Anyway, it works for me.

*Above photo is of my Seraphim Shawl knit in 2006 and gifted to my aunt for Christmas (rav & lj links respectively).

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Mmm... it is lovely! More and more I keep telling myself not to make a shawl, though, because I never wear them. Sad, because there are so many gorgeous patterns out there.

Also my confirmation word was "pronstap"... oh my.

Sir's slut said...

Your shawl is beautiful! What a lovely gift. I envy your lace knitting skills!