Sunday, February 1, 2009

FROGGED: Cobweb lace stole

You know how I was obsessing over this silk yarn? Well I had finally decided to knit the cobweb lace stole. But after I got this far into it:
Frogged
I decided I couldn't stand it anymore.

I wasn't happy with the way it was knitting up and the thought of using the blunt wooden needles I had for lace patterned on both sides made me want to gouge my eyes out. I ripped out the stole instead and re-cast on for Simurgh. I'm using needles two sizes down from the Cobweb stole and I'm liking the results much more. Although I'm not knitting on it very much - I'm a little obsessed with the socks I'm working on instead. :P

1 comment:

Veronica said...

If you don't work on your lace you'll definitely beat me out on the socks - I have another pair I want to get done first, and a third pair that have to be done by the 12th for a gift!

And wow, that Simurgh is gorgeous. Wow.