Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5th of the month project status post: May edition

Old business first!

- Eliina Shawl: Done!
- Simurgh Stole: Done!
- Sondermuster Darmstadt socks: Done!
- Diamonds and Triangles Stole from Victorian Lace Today: Active. I've rounded the first corner, for better or worse.
Diamond and Triangles stole
- Frosted Ferns doily: Frogged! I'm free! Free from the doily!
- Selbu Mittens from Folk Mittens: I have declared this mitten finished. It is not a pair, but merely a sad sorry single mitten. But by declaring it done, I don't have to think about it again!

New Business!

I've had kind of a casting on fit and I now have four projects (including the diamonds and triangles stole from above) in heavy rotation. A row here, a row there, and they grow!
- Kiila, the mystery sock for May: I've got a couple inches on both socks so far. Need to hurry up and get to 5.5" before Friday. Knitting it up in my pretty green Dream in Color Smooshy.
- Amelia cardigan: Knitting it up in black lano d'oro and loving it. I hope I have enough yarn...
Amelia cardigan
- Lilac Leaf Shawl: I just finished the first edge and am into the body repeats. It's a nice pattern, but I had some trouble with the nupps. And I dropped a stitch at one point, leading to the following trouble.
Lilac leaf stole
Do you see it there? On the left? I fixed it... kinda. Not by frogging or doing surgery. I made a yo and then sewed the loop down on the back. It's still not perfect, but it's a lot less obvious now. I don't have an after photo yet... maybe another day.

Hopefully the cast on frenzy has passed and I can get on with the knitting.

No comments: