Sunday, May 3, 2009

FO: Sondermuster Darmstadt socks

I'm keeping to my pair of socks per month plan. The most recent pair? Sondermuster Darmstadt. Unfortunately, the pattern is no longer available; the designer generously distributed a limited number of copies for the April Sock Knitters Anonymous challenge and I was lucky enough to get a copy.

The socks are knit in Hand Jive Knit's Nature's Palette in Medium Indigo. The yarn uses natural dyes. Unfortunately, the natural indigo left tracks on my hands as I knit. Not a huge bother, but definitely noticeable.
2009.4.28 025

I knit these socks on 2.5mm needles, two at a time. Doing them two at a time took a little more concentration than usual, because the center motif on the socks are mirrored. In the end, I really like these socks. They're a bit fancier than the patterns I usually choose, but I really love how fanciful the pattern is on the cuffs.
2009.4.28 034
2009.4.28 041

But I will absolutely be giving these socks a serious handwashing before I wear them, lest I end up with blue feet.

1 comment:

Sir's slut said...

Wow, those are some gorgeous socks!

FYI: Spin-in in the Tri-Cities this Saturday! A small group of E-burg gals are heading down together for the day, just in case you're interested in coming along. I'd love to have a peek at your Golding spindle!