Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A=A

I've just got to learn to follow instructions. Sometimes I come across a knitting direction and I'm stumped. The directions are clear, maybe even painfully obvious, but I balk. When I first began reading patterns "cont. as established" sent me into a spiral of fear. Do I just repeat that purl row I did? That doesn't make any sense? MUST HIDE!

I had an attack of that this evening. I decided to use the wonderful Hana yarn I posted about last to make the Cobweb Lace Stole from the Spring 2008 IK. I've gotten to row 49. And the symbol on the chart is B. B means: Knit into center of st below st on left needle, the drop st from left needle.

And I balk. And I boggle. Buh, wuh, I've never done that before!

But B=B. B=do just what the clearly written instructions tell you to do. Ala Nike, Just Do It. Dur.

So I will. When I pick it up tomorrow. It's not going to break my knitting or make it go all splodey. It will create a little gap with an unknit bit of yarn going across it. That's all, just exactly what it's supposed to do.

No comments: