Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mmm kauni

I am loving the way my Kauni Shawl is knitting up. The color changes are gorgeous; I love watching the yarn transition from one color to the next.
Eliina Shawl in Kauni
Unfortunately, there's not a great deal more to be said about it. It's all stockinette and yarn overs for a good while longer. Three pattern repeats, at least. I am nearing the end of my Simurgh stole though! I've finished the body and need to do the last bit of knit on edging. 165 or so annoying little rows. I haven't started on that part yet. Here's a photo of crumply, pre blocked, incomplete lace:
Simurgh stole in Hana silk

A little while ago, Marnie posted a video of herself spinning. Now that I've been bitten by the spinning bug, I asked Daniel to film me spinning. Here's a short video of me making yarn:

I'm actually finished with that yarn, although I haven't done the finishing. What I have finished is reading Spinning in the Old Way which has a lot of good information. I'm a little too set in my ways, a little too cantankerous, to relearn to spin in a different way, so I think it's a good thing that I seem to be doing most things okay. But definitely a resource I'm glad to have.

No comments: