Pattern: Amelia by Laura Chau
Yarn: Cascade Lana d'Oro - about 10.75 110yd hanks
Needles: 6 and 7 Knitpicks Options
CO: April 30, 2009
Finished: January 2, 2010
This sweater and I have had history. It's the sort of sweater I'm drawn to. Simple, yet with something interesting going on. I learned that I find twisted rib quite tedious. Quite tedious indeed. I was so so thankful when I finished that part. I learned that I really need to swatch more thoroughly. I learned that I need to look ahead to the bit with the measurements to make sure that my upper arms will fit in the measured sleeve.
I added more increases to the upper sleeve to account for my arm. I knit longer in the body and yoke (I think) than the pattern called for. Nonetheless, I feel like this cardigan could have gone a bit longer. I knit the neck as written, tried it on and couldn't keep it on my shoulders. So I pulled out the bind off edge (it unzipped - a thing of beauty) and knit for an inch or so more, continuing with a raglan-ish decrease.
Oh, and I put buttons all the way down the front.
I like the cardigan. But, fundamentally, I had gauge issues. Gauge issues because I didn't swatch carefully (probably) and also because that was a pretty big lag between casting on and knitting most of it.
The photos are a bit crap. I haven't seen natural light in what feels like a rather long time, so flash and digitally messed with images are what you get. You get the idea.
And there's absolutely no detail at all in the modeled shot, but at least you can see where the neckline ended up.
This afternoon, I swatched for Francis revisited. The swatch looks like it made gauge... more or less...