Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

New Year's is a quiet holiday for us. Neither my husband or I are big partiers, so we stay home, play board games, eat pizza, and get really really caffeinated. It is such a good time to look backwards and forwards.

In 2009, I finished 21 projects. And there are 4 more which were mostly knit in 2009 but will be finished before the end of the weekend. I knit 9 pairs of socks, 7 shawls stoles or wraps, 3 hats, and 2 pairs of felted clogs. Notice something missing? No sweaters!

In 2010, I resolve to start and finish at least two sweaters. I also plan to refrain from purchasing yarn except for gifts or Really Good Bargains. Mostly I'd like to knit down my stash a bit. I foresee more pairs of stockinette socks as I try to breeze through some of my sock yarn. I am also hoping to do more blogging, but that's not a promise. I know I can do it because of the November Project. I just need to get going and make it happen!

This weekend I will finish the three Christmas presents I have left. All of them are so very close to done. So very close. I also hope to fix the Amelia cardigan and put that on my finished list. It's 100% doable. In fact, I think I can get the X-mas gifts done today! Maybe I can even get all 4 projects done today. Maybe.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see the sweaters you decide on.