Saturday, September 5, 2009

Knitting: Now with more awards!

It's fair weekend here in Kittitas County. And, for the first time ever, I entered some knitting in the fair. Because it's free. So why not?

Mr. Husband and I went to the fair today to check it out. We picked the only day in months where it rained. Actually it poured. We got pretty wet. But our umbrellas still work, despite not getting as much action as they used to in Seattle.

The socks were the first entry I spied. A blue ribbon!
Kittitas County Fair

Just before submitting the socks, I cut out some sock forms from cardboard. That lace really pulls in on itself. Second sighting was my Milky Way Scarf. Blue ribbon!
Kittitas County Fair

My final entry - my Shetland Tea Shawl - was the hardest to find. It was in the back with the other best in class winners!
Kittitas County Fair

I was pretty excited. Although, as you can see, the judging committee was not exactly stingy with the blue ribbons. But it was really neat to see my stuff with everyone elses. Needlework entries were a bit scarce, but there were a lot of quilts. And the winners were stunning:
Kittitas County Fair

The black one on the far left was amazing. The work that went into it just astounded me. And there were entries elsewhere that didn't even get a ribbon. But I thought they looked good. Just not as technically excellent, I guess. Lots of great handwork going on in the county.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My husband and I saw all your entries yesterday. He and I both enjoyed every one of them but particularity the Shetland Tea Shawl. He commented that it was his favorite and we both loved the color of the yarn. Way to go! Congrats on all the ribbons.