Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18th: All together now

Eek! I almost forgot to blog! And where would we be then? Where I ask you? I was so caught up in the finale of America's Next Top Model that I almost missed it (shush, ANTM is a fine show and I'm not afraid to admit it).

Yesterday, as things were breaking right and left, I attached the sleeves to my cardigan body. I'm currently working on the raglan decreases; I'm about 1.5" into them. As I laid out the cardigan on the kitchen table to take a photo of it, I got a little worried - the body is looking kind of short, but I swear it measured what the pattern said it should. Maybe it's just the comparatively longer sleeves confusing me...
2009.11.18 001

Of course, it looks okay from the angle I photographed it at. Go figure. :P

Now, in confidence, I am having urges. Urges, I tell you. Urges to cast on for new things. Urges to start new projects. But I must stifle them. I know I said that I would finish every thing I'd started before casting on, but in the face of my decision to knit for Christmas, I think I need to amend that somewhat. I will cast on no new personal projects until the ones I have are finished. I will work only on existing projects up to and through next week Thursday (Thanksgiving). After that, I may cast on for and knit Christmas gifts. Luckily for me, family won't be visiting until two weeks after Christmas, so there's some extra time.

And, in the meantime, I'm cautiously optimistic about finishing this sweater by next Thursday.

No comments: