Friday, November 6, 2009

November 6th: Not so much knitting

I knit, like, three rows on my sleeves today. And that's all the knitting that happened. I unpacked the rest of my yarn and related materials, but this is not about that either.

You see, the husband and I are Nerds. With the capital N. Mister Comfypants recently bought Dune: The Board Game at the local Goodwill. This game, despite being very nerdy, in a beat up box, and 25 years old, had all of its gameplay pieces. And there are a lot of them.

Dune the board game
(I would have included one with my knitting in it, but, look! Patrick Stewart!)

Here we are, after starting the game. Reading the rules took nearly an hour. You can see we are playing the game, and yet Mr. Pants needs to consult, NOT ONE, BUT TWO sets of rules to figure out what's going on. It's a complicated game. But, actually, surprisingly, a good game. It captures the intrigue, which is unusual for a movie tie in.

Knitting content tomorrow, I swear.

No comments: